So most of the hospital/doctor/mics bills from the States have come in to Great-West Life, my insurance provider, and Evan’s running total is over half a million dollars right now! He’s one expensive baby! Mine was about $60K.
Just to give you an idea of how expensive the health care system is… the hospital bill originally came in at over $2.3 million (that’s the “ticket price” I guess) but it was negotiated down to just under $500K because of Great-West Life’s preferred rates. Air ambulance came in at over $37K and then there’s a bunch of other misc costs. I am so glad I was covered by travel insurance from Miovision because otherwise, Joseph and I would be in a heck of a lot of debt!
Pictures from December 29 to January 19
- Evan weighed in at 6 lbs 11 oz on Tuesday! He’s now looking the size of a normal small newborn!
- He had a newborn photo-shoot last week with Little Smiles Photography and we’re going to go see the proofs this evening! I will share the photos once we get the digital copies.
- He’s eating over 3 oz per feed now and is still a pooing and peeing machine.
- His cries are growing ever so slightly louder. Go lungs go!
- Last night, he went 4.5 hrs between a feed. Hurray for a bit more sleep for me!!!
- Eye exam at McMaster went well again. One eye has reached maturity but the other one still needs a little more to go. No sign of ROP in either eye though which is excellent!
Overall, Evan is doing very well! I look forward to more sleep though! Being a mom is sooo hard!!! Props to all the moms out there!